Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wishing you sunshine!

Hello blog friends!

Papertrey Ink posted a new Make It Monday challenge... stamp a random background.  So up my creative alley!

Moxie Fab World also has a challenge called The Trendy Triangles.  Plus, Simon Says Stamp also has a triangle challenge up!!   The thought of how to use triangles has been bouncing around my noggin...sometimes ideas come immediately, sometimes they need to marinate.  This was one that marinated...  I was working with the PTI die from Sweet As Can Be (the ice cream die) and knew it had a great triangle I could use.  It made me think of sun rays...wha-laa! An idea!

As it is a dark and cloudy day today here... perfect to bring a little sunshine in!







 I created the raindrop background and used a sentiment from Scattered Showers stamp set, and the Cloud die (all from Papertrey Ink) to complete my card.  The clouds are attached with foam pop dots for added dimension.


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a sunny day. :)

5 comments:

artful-notions said...

Sweet raindrops, Catherine. Perfect background.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the triangle rays of sunshine & the raindrops - great card!

Roberta said...

What a sweet card! Placement of the clouds with one floating off the edge.

I came over from the PTI MIM challenge. And now I'm a new follower. My first blog is only about a week and a half old. So if you get a chance to stop by and give any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. And a follow would be fantastic!

hugs--
Roberta

QueenBeePaperCrafts.blogspot.com

Lin said...

Your sunshiney triangles are perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Wednesday Challenge!

Cath said...

Hey Catherine! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)