Wednesday, July 24, 2013

PapertreyInk July Blog Hop Challenge

Hello blog land!


You probably found your way here from Papertry Ink's blog hop...I won't waste anytime with chit-chat, bring on the pics!

Using the color suggestion from this photo:




I created this:


I used the Border and Corners circles stamps from PTI and a basic masking technique with Scotch tape to create the "space" for my sentiment.  I added a touch of black for contrast. 

Note: I'm also adding this to the super cool Birthday Challenge going on over at Moxie Fab World




Then, along the same color palette, but with a touch more green...



I don't have anything that is Limeade ice, so I used a color pencil to mimic the shade of green around the exterior of the card, helping to draw your eye into the balloon image.  Not a ton of stamping on this (except for the balloons which I heat embossed with clear embossing powder), a lot of tone on tone die cuts (the baby sentiment and the clouds!) 

I used PTI's Bitty Background Basics to stamp the balloons (Balloon Bash Die) and the Wonderful Words baby die. 

Super fun, thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Sonia said...

I love your modern design on the first card - very sleek, but not overly sharp.
I adore the baby card, though - balloons and clouds always make me happy :)

Joyce said...

These are both just wonderful. I especially like the baby card. It's so festive.

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards, Catherine!
I especially love the first one!

artful-notions said...

In love with the baby card! Those balloons are ready to fly! And I know how hard it is to do a perfectly simple card like the first one. Lovely elegance!

Cath said...

Hey Catherine! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)